A new service for NGOs in the pipeline
We gave a short presentation of CHATONS for ISF in Grenoble. It was a great opportunity to introduce many young people to Free and Open Source Software and the CHATONS collective.
I realised that there is still A LOT of awareness to do out there, on FOSS, CHATONS, and decentralization enabled by federated solutions like Matrix, Pleroma, Peertube, Mobilizon, Funkwhale… to only mention those provided by Nomagic
I would like to encourage anyone to engage with colleagues, family and friends on FOSS and decentralization to help spread awareness.
The following applications have been upgraded to their latest stable versions:
Bugs and issues
- No more backup issues
- We are having issues to get comments working between Pleroma and Peertube. From what I gathered, Peertube is still using and old way to communicate for comments (OStatus), which is not supported by Pleroma anymore. Further investigation is needed.
Our road map now includes:
- Finish preparation and announcement of our Forum service, using Flarum.
- Upgrade the last 3 servers to Debian Buster.
- Organise weekly public sessions to ease out first contact with people interested in Nomagic.
- Migrate all our servers to Debian 11 (Bullseye). This will likely be our main task for the first part of next year.
- Implement Single Sign-On (SSO) so that Nomagic users won’t have to authenticate on each and every service in their Web browser.
- Keep on implementing security/privacy policies.