A Bunch of upgrades and some melodrama
There were a lot of application updates those last months, as well as some OS upgrades.
The following applications have been upgraded to their latest stable versions:
- Funkwhale (audio streaming)
- Peertube (video streaming)
- Mobilizon (events manager)
- Sogo (webmail / calendar / address book)
- Limesurvey (polls)
- Gitlab (code repository)
- Dolibarr (to keep track of memberships)
- Ejabberd (XMPP instant messaging)
- Vaultwarden (password manager)
- Matrix & Element-Web (instant messaging)
Bugs and issues
That’s the melodrama part.
As we shifted to our new home, the raspberry Pi 4 which was used for the Nomagic backups got lost for a while, until we realised it was… thrown away to the trash in incredible circumstances. Long story short, I put the single-board computer into a bag which was ultimately going to be discarded that same day
The good news is, the old backups were still safely kept on our home storage. I could reinstall borgbackup on an old laptop and see all the old backups as usual . I am now using it to do one backup per week until I receive a new single-board.
Our road map now includes:
- Stil finish preparation and announcement of our Forum service, using Flarum.
- Finally upgrade the last 3 servers to Debian Buster.
- Organise weekly public sessions to ease out first contact with people interested in Nomagic.
- Migrate all our servers to Debian 11 (Bullseye). This will likely be our main task for the first part of next year.
- Implement Single Sign-On (SSO) so that Nomagic users won’t have to authenticate on each and every service in their Web browser.
- Keep on implementing security/privacy policies.