Few updates and few issues to fix
There were a lot of application updates those last months, as well as some OS upgrades.
The following applications have been upgraded to their latest stable versions:
- Funkwhale (audio streaming)
- Peertube (video streaming)
- Mobilizon (events manager)
- Gitlab (code repository)
- Vaultwarden (password manager)
- Matrix (instant messaging)
- Jitsimeet (videoconferencing) You can now save a full session locally. See the wiki for more info.
Bugs and issues
Following our move and change of ISP, we need to address an issue with dynamic public IP addresse being served by our new ISP. As time will become less of a rare resource in the weeks to come, we hope that this will get fixed by the end of July.
We also have an issue with database replication, which is not working at the moment. This also requires a fair bit of time to reconfigure and check.
Our road map now includes:
- Fix the issues that arose in the last few months
- Still finish preparation and announcement of our Forum service, using Flarum.
- Fix a date for our yearly general assembly
- Finally upgrade the last 3 servers to Debian Buster.
- Organise weekly public sessions to ease out first contact with people interested in Nomagic.
- Migrate all our servers to Debian 11 (Bullseye). This will likely be our main task for the first part of next year.
- Implement Single Sign-On (SSO) so that Nomagic users won’t have to authenticate on each and every service in their Web browser.
- Keep on implementing security/privacy policies.