Online general assembly summary
Funkwhale (music streaming) and Seafile (file storage) quotas have been raised to 10 GB per member.
Our General Assembly was held on September 21. Nomagic is going steady, and we are more or less covering the cost of the servers from the memberships. Also, almost all members renewed their membership this year again
On top of the usual votes (validating the financial results & re-voting for the members of the bureau and administration council), the following points were discussed during our General Assembly:
- A translation of Nomagic documentation into French.
- The finalisation of a small GAFAM awareness campaign, in cooperation with the artist R.Ias. We hope to find the time for this long-standing internal project that is meant to help bring awareness on each of the GAFAM’s numerous issues.
- On top of the upcoming new Forum service in our catalogue, Nomagic could complete its catalog targeted at not-for-profit with an accounting FOSS solution like Garadin.
The Operating System upgrades continue. It’s a little longer than anticipated to get through, but we believe that the objective of the end of the year is still reachable.
The following applications have been upgraded to their latest stable versions:
- Peertube (video streaming)
- Gitlab (code repository)
- Seafile (cloud file storage)
- Sogo (Nomagic’s webmail)
- PrivateBin (pastebin)
- Limesurvey (surveys and questionnaires)
- JitsiMeet (videoconference)
- , to be more attractive to French people.Vaultwarden (password manager)
Bugs and issues
Nothing new from last summer, we are awaiting a fix on Mobilizon and need to find time to get database backups back in order. Also, monitoring still needs to be renewed.
Our road map now includes:
- Get a working backup for our Postgresql database server
- Set up a new monitoring solution for Nomagic
- Finally upgrade the last 3 servers to Debian Buster.
- Organise weekly public sessions to ease out first contact with people interested in Nomagic.
- Migrate all our servers to Debian 11 (Bullseye). This will likely be our main task for the first part of next year.
- Implement Single Sign-On (SSO) so that Nomagic users won’t have to authenticate on each and every service in their Web browser.